Vacancies, Essential Educational Qualification and the Medical Fitness classification.
Name the post
GP (Pay Level)
No. of vacancies
Minimum educational qualification
Asstt. Loco Pilot
G.Pay 1900/- (Level-2)
Matriculation Pass plus
A) ITI/Act Apprenticeship passed in trade (i)
Fitter (ii) Electrician (iii) Instrument Mechanic
(iv) Millwright/Maintenance Mechanic (v)
Mechanic (Radio & TV) (vi) Electronics
Mechanic (vii) Mechanic (Motor Vehicle)
(viii) Wireman (ix) Tractor Mechanic (x)
Armature & Coil Winder (xi) Mechanic
(Diesel) (xii) Heat Engine.
(B) Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics/
Automobiles Engineering in lieu of ITI.
Candidates with combinations of various
stream of trades of Engineering prescribed as
above to be considered for employment on the
Railways in term of Board’s instructions
contained in RBE no 162/2001 dated
20/08/2001 subject to the provisions contained
in Board’s letter No. E(NG)II/2005/RR-1/8
dated 28/08/2014 and 30/09/2015.
- Eligibility Criteria: Minimum Educational Qualification :- As indicated against post.
- Age limit: - The upper age limit will be 42 years for General candidates, 45 years for OBC candidates and 47 years for SC/ST candidates as per Railway Board letter No. E (NG)I-2000/PM2/12 dt. 21.08.2001 (RBE No. 165/2001). The age will be reckoned as on 01.07.2023.
- Application Fee: NIL
- General Instructions:-
- Only Serving Regular Railway employees of North Western Railway are eligible working in following Grade Pay/Pay Level
- Lower than the Grade Pay/Pay Level for which GDCE is being held.
- Same Grade Pay/Pay Level scale for which GDCE is being held are permitted to appear in selection for Non Safety to safety category posts as well as safety to safety category posts.
- Candidates are not allow to apply for the same post on which presently working.
- Those candidates who are appearing in and/or awaiting results of final examination of minimum qualification as on closing date (06.05.2023) are not eligible. Academic qualification must be from recognized Educational Institution/Board, otherwise candidature will be rejected at any stage of selection.
- Eligible employees should submit their applications through online mode only. Application sent through offline mode/manually/Hard copy in RRC, JP office will not be entertained.
- Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere on North Western Railway.
- Decision of the Railway Recruitment Cell, Jaipur in the matter of selection will be final.
- The Notification may be downloaded from the website www.rrcjaipur.in & www.nwr.indianrailways.gov.in.
- The number of Vacancies shown in the notification are provisional and the same may increase or decrease depending upon the actual needs of the administration at the time of appointment.
- Railway Administration reserves the right to alter the mode of examinations or reconduct CBT/written examination or to cancel part or whole of any process of recruitment at any stage.
- MEDICAL FITNESS : The candidates empanelled in GDCE for the post of Asstt. Loco Pilot will have to pass the requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties connected with the post. Candidates must ensure his/her medical fitness since in case of unfitness, he/she will not be given an alternate post.